Tuesday, November 8, 2022

My Ballot Choices

My spiritual convictions drive my ballot choices. I believe that everyone is a child of God - nothing more, nothing less. I believe that this God hums on open-heartedness, humility and sacrificial love – and that this God beckons people of conscience to conspire for the affirmation and protection of those who are perpetually exploited and excluded in America. 

I do not believe in a human hierarchy of value. I do not believe that certain people deserve better healthcare, better public schools, better police protection, better roads or better representation in court and Congress than anyone else. I do not believe that we should still be living in two completely different Americas, more than fifty years after Dr. King was killed. 

My spiritual convictions put me much further to the left on the political spectrum than the moderate/conservative Democratic Party. It is very frustrating that we do not have a progressive political party that can compete in this country. For now, here in Michigan, I am voting for Democrats and I am voting for reproductive justice. I urge everyone I know to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment